We are committed to building a brighter future and giving back to the communities in which we operate. Our key focus areas align our strengths to the socio-economic development needs of communities. Our pillars are Education, Health, Entrepreneurship & Job Creation and Environment.
Education - Liquid Telecom Academy
We believe education is fundamental in driving socio-economic upliftment and development. The Liquid Telecom Academy is a 12 month learnership programme with a focus on technical skills.
- The academy was officially launched as a registered and accredited training provider on 8 April 2008, focusing on telecommunications. Learners are recruited from all nine provinces.
- Training courses include CNNA, MICT Seta accredited NQF Level 4 & 5 Learnerships in Telecommunications; practical training in network or field operations; IT support; maintenance; etc.
- In 2012, Neotel started the first NQF level 5 Learnership in Telecommunications in South Africa. This qualification is further accredited by City of Guilds International over and above the MICT SETA accreditation, and now as Liquid Telecom, we are continuing this legacy.
Employee Volunteer Programme - Neogivers
Our volunteer programme teaches our employees new skills, expands their networks and provides personal growth that carries over into the workplace.
We believe that CSI is every employee's responsibility. Employees are encouraged to get involved in projects that the company's CSI programme supports. Our programme encourages volunteerism by providing all employees the opportunity to plan and participate in organised volunteer activities which address the needs of our communities.
Some of our Recent Projects:
- Refurbishment of youth centres and ECD centres
- Casual Day – employees raised in excess of R120 000 over four years
- World ICT Day
- Nelson Mandela Day
- Blood donation clinics – employees donated in excess of 500 pints over four years
- Coastal clean-up campaigns
+27 (0) 11 585 0000